Curt Young is a Blues Rock artist, singer/ songwriter and musician from the Saulteaux-Cree First Nation Cowessess in Saskatchewan. Curt has been playing guitar for over twenty years and plays many musical instruments: bass, drums, cedar flute, piano, and harmonica.
Curt uses a traditional/ contemporary style of music and dance to share his life experiences, and culture, while talking about topics such as bullying, women’s rights, Empowerment, equality, youth leadership, Role Modeling, Believing in You and self-esteem. Performances can be anywhere from 1 minute to an hour and it consists of many musical genres. In the production Curt sings, plays guitar, cedar flute and hand drum, along with story-telling and opens with an honor song and prayer using the hand drum.
Curt has had the opportunity to open-up shows for many talented artists such as Colin James, Oscar Lopez, Tom Jackson, Derek Miller, Jesse Ferrell and many others.
What type of events can you book him for?
- Family Events
- Music Fests
- Gala’s and Banquet Dinners
- Youth/Adult Workshops
- School presentations
How did he start?
In 2005 his journey started with writing his personal stories published in SAY Magazine, New Tribe and AYN. His love of playing & his writing evolved into songwriting. Curt's natural passion for connecting with an audience and being in front of a crowd showcased his natural gift of being an entertainer.
Curt’s now performed in over 1000 shows around the globe; including the:
- CP Spirit Train Canadian Olympic Tour which stopped in every major city across Canada
- University Olympics in Harbin, China
- Gathering of Nations in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- World Indigenous People Conference on Education in Cuzco, Peru
What are his accomplishments?
- 2010 Nominee for the Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards, Best Blues Album
- 2010 Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards Nominee for Best blues album for the CD, "Edge of Shadow"
- 2012 Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards Nominee for his Album "Northern Equinox", Best Instrumental CD.
- Articles in SAY and New Tribe Magazines
- Interviewed on 102.7 Co-op Radio, Aboriginal Voices Radio, and CBC Radio
Where is he now? What is he doing?
Curt’s recent accomplishments include an International Suicide prevention day song broadcast live across the country. The song is to support people going through depression and anxiety. A song of hope for people feeling alone, and lost in this fast life
A Keynote speaker at Dreamspeakers 2017 Conference
Launch of new name and Brand! Curt Young & The Healers!
Curt is seeking talented artists, dancers, singers to join him on the path to healing the world with music and dance!
For More Info & to purchase Curt's Albums
Click on one of the links below.
To Purchase or listen to more
Young Medicine titles Click here